Thrills 'n' Chills
A collection of MP3's from UK guitarist Ben Sutton featuring a mixture of smooth jazz, funk and blues influences (released Dec 2014)
"This album is a project of two halves. It comprises two very different types of tracks. Some are straight ahead and funky, the other half are laid back. Which do you prefer?"
About the tracks...
- No Hangups! by Benny Sutton
- Stupid Toothpaste by Benny Sutton
- Jazz@Funk by Benny Sutton
- Brasilia by Benny Sutton
- Smile! by Benny Sutton
- Breakfast with Tiffany by Benny Sutton
- Dresden by Benny Sutton
- Earthwinds by Benny Sutton
- Nightshadows by Benny Sutton
- Norah by Benny Sutton
- Pussy Riot by Benny Sutton
- Zanzibar by Benny Sutton
- Christmas Song by Benny Sutton
- Work It! by Benny Sutton
- No Hangups by Benny Sutton
Many of these tracks feature Alan 'Quorn' Corne on drums. I'd also just got a new Yamaha MOX6 synth - which opened up my keyboard playing somewhat and gets featured extensively.
- No Hangups This track features my first ever bass solo!
- Dad Funk This features my main Man - AJ. He's the Dude!
- Pussy Riot This track is for every musician who has done something dumb - like those Russian girls!
- Work It! This track was conceived for live work
- Dresden This track was written on keyboards so is predominantly a synth track
- Smile (2013 remix) This track was originally done back in 2010 but now has Alan on drums. My mixing skills have improved since then so is a much cleaner sound.
- Norah This is my most traditionally jazzy track ever with a piano quartet. It is dedicated to the queen of laid back jazz ballads, Norah Jones.
- Zanzibar This one has an exotic name! Another one written on synth.
- Nightshadows This track is my first (and probably last) surf music track. The twangy Hank Marvin guitar is actually played on synth!
- Earthwinds Here we have a nice fusion outing with some synth horns.
- Breakfast with Tiffany This is a smooth jazz track with some interesting drums on it
- Christmas Song This has some Tenor saxes (synthed) to carry it. Reminds me of a couple of Joni Mitchell tracks. Happy Holidays!
Like most of my music on this website I write all the material, play all the instruments, and produce/arrange.