The Rules of SoundCloud Etiquette
SoundCloud is a sophisticated audience, and some behavior is decidedly bad form. Observe the unwritten rules of SoundCloud etiquette.
- Comment positively – or don’t comment at all
- Don’t overtly ask for follows in comments or PM’s
- Don’t ask for money if someone asks you to collab. Go to SoundBetter if you’re a Breadhead
- Always give credit where credit is due. Link back to the channels of people who play on your collabs
- If you ask someone to play on your track and you don’t like what they play you don’t have to use it – just be tactful when rejecting their efforts.
- If you get asked to play on someone else’s track and they don’t use it, don’t be offended.
- Don’t clickbait your titles
- Everyone has a veto if either party in a collab doesn’t like the result it doesn’t get published
Protocol is to put a comment at the start of a collab track acknowledging collaborators. Point out solos or anything else noteworthy throughout the track with a comment. Say ‘thanks for listening’ at the end.